As private property, ALL guests, regardless of the purpose of their visit, MUST check-in at the Visitor Center upon arrival. Violators may be prosecuted for trespassing.
|Regular Tour||Museum or House ONLY|
|Senior (65+) or Student||
|Senior (65+) or Student||$6|
|Children (6-12)||$6||Children (6-12)||$4|
|Children under 6||Free||Children under 6||Free|
Discounted rates for current and former Military.
For group rates, click here.
Regular tours begin with a viewing of Sam Davis: His Life, Legend, and Legacy in our elegant theatre. When the film ends, you are encouraged to spend as much time as you like in the galleries of the museum which opened in November 2003. After your self-guided tour of the museum, a site interpreter will lead you on a guided tour through the grounds, outbuildings, and historic Sam Davis Home. Allow approximately an hour and a half to enjoy the full tour.
Guided tours depart from the Visitor Center on the hour. The last tour is one hour before closing.
Monday - Saturday:
September - May: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
June - August: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
By 72-hour advance appointment only
(January tours by appointment only)
New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. We also close for inclement weather when Rutherford County Schools are closed.
Important Visitor Information
If you are not interested in a guided tour, there are several informational markers and signs located throughout the property. All visitors are encouraged to enjoy the beautiful grounds during our regular business hours, but please check-in at the Visitor Center upon your arrival.
- Free parking is available in the lot adjacent to the Visitor’s Center and Museum
- Tours of the home begin at the Visitor’s Center and Museum
Cameras, Food, and Beverages
- Use of cameras, cell phone cameras or video recording devices inside the museum or the Sam Davis Home is prohibited
- Cameras are permitted elsewhere on the property; however, there is a photography fee for any professional or for-profit use
- Food and drink are not permitted in the museum or the Sam Davis Home
- The Visitor’s Center and Museum is wheelchair accessible. However, the Sam Davis Home is not accessible by wheelchair.
- There is a ramp to the first floor of the historic home that can accommodate walkers, and pictures of the second floor are offered for viewing.
- Service animals are permitted inside the buildings.
A printed translation detailing Sam's story is available for Japanese, Spanish, French, and German speakers.