The historic Sam Davis Home, located along the banks of Stewarts Creek in Smyrna, Tennessee, is the perfect place for a unique wedding, event, social gathering, or corporate meeting space. The cedar-lined driveway sets the mood for a calmer, more tranquil pace and more than 160 acres of the original plantation offer many locations and atmospheres to choose from for the event you have imagined. If you are interested in hosting your event at the Sam Davis Home property, we are affordable and equipped to provide you with the perfect setting. Open year-round, we welcome the opportunity to assist you throughout the seasons.
Appointments with our Events Manager are available Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and must be scheduled in advance. Contact Brittany Moyers by phone at (615) 459-2341 or by email below.
Wedding Ceremony & Reception Rental
The historic site provides numerous backdrops for an unforgettable wedding ceremony and/or reception. With sites offered on the porch and front lawn of the historic house, by the creek, in front of the barn, in the foreground of the cotton field, amongst the trees, and throughout the garden grounds, there is certain to be a space that fits with your imagining, not to mention provide breathtaking photos!
In addition to the grounds, the Visitor Center, opened in November 2003, boasts a lobby, conference room, and covered veranda (complete with lights and fans!) that are available for use with all wedding packages. For smaller weddings, the Creek House is also an option with 750 square feet of heated/cooled space and a 15 x 25 foot deck overlooking Stewarts Creek.
The Sam Davis Home is also pleased to have been voted a Finalist for the 2014 Ruthies Awards for Favorite Wedding Venue!
Included with Ceremony & Reception Packages*
- 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. rental of the property
- Wedding ceremony in location of your choice
- Wedding reception in location of your choice
- Visitor Center lobby and conference room
- Covered veranda with lights and ceiling fans
- Full kitchen
- Creek House available for Bridal Rooms
- Education Building available for Groomsmen
- Rocking chairs and picnic tables for your use
- Endless variety of photo opportunities
- One hour complimentary rehearsal the day before
- Staff member on property at all times for emergencies and questions
- Beer, wine and champagne permitted with licensed bartender
- No preferred vendors
- No photography fee for bridal portraits/engagement photos on property
- Equipment rental deliveries allowed on Friday and pick-up allowed on Monday to lessen the day-of burdens and weekend fees
- Complimentary Sam Davis Memorial Association Couple Membership for one year with rental fees of $1,000+
- 2 complimentary Sam Davis Home wine glasses with rental fees of $1,000+
Couples who book their ceremony and reception within three business days of original meeting with event manager also receive use of the Museum and Theater for a Cocktail Hour for free! (a $200 value)
- Additional rental time
- Rehearsal dinner space
- Cocktail hour tours of historic house with two guides available for questions
- Cocktail hour self-guided museum tours
- Cocktail hour self-guided museum tours & 36-seat theatre for showing of your own DVD/slideshow
- All night self-guided museum tours
- All night self-guided museum tours & 36-seat theatre for showing of your own DVD/slideshow
*Benefits vary for ceremony only or reception only rentals. For detailed information, please review our policies below.
The Sam Davis Home offers a variety of affordable pricing options to accommodate any couple. Packages for weddings and/or receptions varies based upon the part of the property being used, the number of guests, and the optional add-ons listed above. Each package also has a separate refundable security deposit. For a more accurate price, please call or email our events manager with as many details of your wedding as possible.
Read all of our Wedding Sites & Locations Reviews at
Are you looking for a venue for a shower, party or reunion? The Sam Davis Home has the place for you!
- 750 square foot heated/cooled space
- Backs up to Stewarts Creek
- Full kitchen
- 15' x 23' deck
- Three restrooms
- Includes eight 60" round tables, fifty chairs, and a large banquet table for your use
- Comfortably accomodates up to fifty seated guests and one hundred standing guests with additional room on the back deck
The Creek House is available for rent by the hour or all day Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday rentals are available only by the hour.
If you are looking for a different atmosphere or an outdoor venue, we also have the Visitor Center lobby, conference room and covered veranda with lights and ceilings fans as well as the barn and various locations throughout the garden grounds.
Corporate & Meeting Rental
For corporate events and meetings, the Sam Davis Home property is a venue that provides an incredible backdrop with options for indoor, outdoor or both, and can accomodate a small or large number of guests and vehicles. From music video and photography sets, small corporate meetings and presentations, to large branding events, concerts and 5Ks, anything is possible.
- Visitor Center Lobby & Conference Room
- 36-Seat Theatre
- Covered Veranda
- Creek House
- Parking Lot
- Tree-lined Drive
- Cotton fields
- Large trees
There is wireless internet in the Visitor Center, a portable projector and screen, as well as A/V equipment in the theatre for your use.
Please contact our Events Manager at (615) 459-2341 to discuss the possibilities.
Photo Courtesy of Twila's Photography
Photo Courtesy of Kristen Archer Photography
Photo courtesy of Ken Robinson Photography
With payment of a photography fee, photography sessions are allowed on the grounds of the Sam Davis Home plantation year-round and yield incredibly breathtaking photographs. In the month of March, buttercups bloom all over the property including an area deemed "Daffodil Hill." In the month of April, irises are in bloom along the pathways and surrounding the historic buildings. In the winter, the snow-covered fields and trees create a serene and peaceful atmosphere. And in the fall, the leaves cover every surface in vibrant reds, yellows, and oranges.
For day-of photo shoots during business hours, please check-in at the Visitor Center upon arrival and speak with a staff member at the Visitor Center for availability and to pay the $25 flat photography fee. The Visitor Center restrooms may not be used as changing rooms during business hours. If you need a space to change clothes, store props and equipment, or would like an indoor location to shoot, you may reserve the Creek House for up to two hours, if available, at a rate of $15 per half hour. To take photographs after business hours, you must schedule your session in advance and pre-pay the $25 fee plus $10 per hour outside business hours. Please contact our Events & Marketing Manager by phone at 615-459-2341 or by email below for questions or to schedule your session. All photographers and visitors, regardless of the purpose of the visit, MUST check-in at the Visitor Center upon entering the property and may not be on the property outside of business hours without prior permission. As private property, violators may be prosecuted for trespassing.
During business hours: $25
Outside business hours: $25 + $10 per hour (beginning at closing regardless of time of shoot)
Determined on a case by case basis. Please contact us at email@example.com or 615-459-2341 for more information.