The historic Sam Davis Home, located along the banks of Stewarts Creek in Smyrna, Tennessee, is the perfect place for a unique wedding, event, social gathering, or corporate meeting space. The cedar-lined driveway sets the mood for a calmer, more tranquil pace and more than 160 acres of the original plantation offer many locations and atmospheres to choose from for the event you have imagined. If you are interested in hosting your event at the Sam Davis Home property, we are affordable and equipped to provide you with the perfect setting. Open year-round, we welcome the opportunity to assist you throughout the seasons.
Appointments with our Events Manager are available Monday through Friday and must be scheduled in advance. Contact Nikki Ward by phone at (615) 459-2341 or by email below.
Wedding Ceremony & Reception Rental
The historic site provides numerous backdrops for an unforgettable wedding ceremony and/or reception. With sites offered on the porch and front lawn of the historic house, by the creek, in front of the barn, in the foreground of the cotton field, amongst the trees, and throughout the garden grounds, there is certain to be a space that fits with your imagining, not to mention provide breathtaking photos!
In addition to the grounds, the Visitor Center, opened in November 2003, boasts a lobby, conference room, and covered veranda (complete with lights and fans!) that are available for use with all wedding packages. For smaller weddings, the Creek House is also an option with 750 square feet of heated/cooled space and a 15 x 25 foot deck overlooking Stewarts Creek.
Included with Ceremony & Reception Packages*
- 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. exclusive rental of the property
- One hour of ceremony rehearsal time
- Staff member on property at all times
- Beer, wine and champagne permitted
- No preferred vendors
- Full kitchen available on property
- Kitchenette available on property
- Creek House available for Bridal Rooms
- Education Building available for Groomsmen
- No photography fee for bridal portraits/engagement photos on property
- Equipment rental deliveries allowed on Friday and pick-up allowed on Monday to lessen the day-of burdens and weekend fees
- Complimentary Sam Davis Memorial Association Family Membership for one year with packages $1,000+
- Additional rental time
- Rehearsal dinner space
- Cocktail hour tours of historic house with guides in period dress
- Cocktail hour self-guided museum tours
- Cocktail hour self-guided museum tours & 36-seat theatre for showing of your own DVD/slideshow
- All night self-guided museum tours
- All night self-guided museum tours & 36-seat theatre for showing of your own DVD/slideshow
*Some packages vary. For detailed information, please review our policies below.
Are you looking for a venue for a shower, party or reunion? The Sam Davis Home has the place for you!
- 750 square foot heated/cooled space
- Backs up to Stewarts Creek
- Full kitchen
- 15' x 23' deck
- Three restrooms
- Includes eight 60" round tables, fifty chairs, and a large banquet table for your use
- Comfortably accomodates up to fifty seated guests and one hundred standing guests with additional room on the back deck
The Creek House is available for rent by the hour or all day Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday rentals are available only by the hour.
If you are looking for a different atmosphere or an outdoor venue, we also have the Visitor Center lobby, conference room and covered veranda as well as the garden grounds.
Corporate & Meeting Rental
For corporate events and meetings, the Sam Davis Home property is a venue that provides an incredible backdrop with options for indoor, outdoor or both, and can accomodate a small or large number of guests and vehicles. From music video and photography sets, small corporate meetings and presentations, to large branding events, concerts and 5Ks, anything is possible.
- Visitor Center Lobby & Conference Room
- 36-Seat Theatre
- Covered Veranda
- Creek House
- Parking Lot
- Tree-lined Drive
- Cotton fields
- Large trees
There is wireless internet in the Visitor Center, a portable projector and screen, as well as A/V equipment in the theatre for your use.
Please contact our Events Manager at (615) 459-2341 to discuss the possibilities.
Photography sessions are allowed on the grounds of the Sam Davis Home plantation year-round and yield incredibly breathtaking photographs. In the month of March, buttercups bloom all over the property including an area deemed "Daffodil Hill." In the month of April, irises are in bloom along the pathways and surrounding the historic buildings. In the winter, the snow-covered fields and trees create a serene and peaceful atmosphere. And in the fall, the leaves cover every surface in vibrant reds, yellows, and oranges.
During business hours: $25
Outside business hours: $25 + $10 per hour
Business hours are posted on our website as well as at the front gates of the property. As the site is private property, anyone entering the grounds, including for photography purposes, is required to check-in at the Visitor Center front desk. Violators may be prosecuted. To ensure that other events are not scheduled, for your benefit as well as our visitors, or to schedule and pre-pay for sessions outside business hours, please contact our Events Manager at (615) 459-2341 or by email below.